June 11, 2013
Mobile platforms and applications need to provide low-latency user experiences that can scale quickly and support highly concurrent user access. That is why so many mobile applications have selected Riak to handle their data.
To see if Riak is a fit for your mobile use case, we have put together a number of resources that showcase how mobile companies are using Riak to solve a variety of challenges. Below are some highlights:
- The “Mobile on Riak” whitepaper provides a technical introduction of Riak, specifically for mobile needs.
- Voxer has both a case study and a video that look at how they use Riak to support their massive, sudden growth.
- Bump, one of the most popular mobile apps, has a case study that looks at why they chose Riak to store their user data, and a video that goes into more details about their data model.
- Comcast uses Riak as the primary datastore for their “Highly-Available Object Storage System,” which is used by their mobile applications and websites. More details can be found in their case study and from their talk at RICON 2012.
- OmniTI uses Riak to power the mobile rewards provider, Viggle.
- On our blog, there are posts on the advantages of Riak for mobile and how to build mobile applications with Riak.
For a complete list of resources, visit our Resources Page.