June 6, 2013
For gaming platforms and applications, Riak can be the ideal data solution. Its scalability allows for rapid growth of player data, the low-latency design allows for a fast and reliable experience for players all over the world, and its flexible data model means there are no restrictions on content type and no need to change the underlying schema.
To see if Riak is a fit for your gaming use case, we have put together a number of resources that showcase how Riak is solving gaming data challenges across multiple companies. Below are some highlights:
- For a general overview of how Riak can be used for gaming companies, download our whitepaper, “Gaming on Riak.”
- For Hibernum, a social gaming developer, we have a case study on how they’re using Riak to store user game information.
- Rovio, the creators of Angry Birds, has a video that discusses how Riak supports their new mobile gaming platform.
- Kiip, a mobile app rewards network, has a talk about their process of choosing Riak and their experience scaling it. They also go into more detail on their blog.
- Mochi Media uses Riak to store social graph data for Mochi Social and MochiGames.
- On our blog, there are posts on the advantages of Riak for gaming and how to build gaming applications with Riak.
For a complete list of resources, visit our Resources Page.