June 13, 2013
Riak is a highly available, low-latency database for retailers that need to provide always-on eCommerce and mobile channel services. Riak offers a number of key technical benefits for retailers including a highly available experience for shoppers, the ability to scale to peak loads during major holidays with low operational costs, and global data locality for a low-latency experience for shoppers all over the world.
For retailers that want to learn about the advantages of Riak, we have put together some resources that showcase how other retailers are using Riak. Below are some of the highlights:
- The “Retail on Riak” whitepaper looks at how Riak can be used for common retail needs, such as powering shopping carts and product catalogs.
- Riak’s architecture has helped Best Buy build and operate its new platform, with Riak playing a key role. To learn more about why Riak was selected, check out this video from RICON 2012.
- ideel, a flash shopping site, uses Riak to provide a reliable and available persistent cache. More information can be found in their case study.
- Copious is a social commerce marketplace that uses Riak to handle user authentication via Facebook or Twitter accounts. For more details on their polyglot data store, check out their case study and video from their Co-Founder.
- Shopzilla has both a case study and video that highlights how they use Riak to power their keyword and scrapbook data services.
- On our blog, you can find slides from the Retail on Riak webcast, the benefits Riak offers retailers, examples of Riak in production, and how to start building retail applications in Riak.
For a complete list of resources, visit our Resources Page.