February 4, 2013
Today I’m happy to announce the 3rd pre-release of Yokozuna. It’s light on new features but has some good performance improvements and added robustness. Here are the highlights:
- Allow store/retrieval of schemas via HTTP.
- Upgrade to Solr 4.1.0 and the latest Riak.
- Improve write/index throughput by disabling Solr’s “realtime get” and switching from XML update to JSON.
- Added robustness around AAE and default index creation.
- Listen on ‘solr//select’ to more easily work with existing clients out of the box.
New for this release is the addition of a source package. I hope this might encourage those who are scared off by the process of building from git to give Riak/Yokozuna a try. These four steps below will produce a ready-to-run node under ‘rel/riak’.
wget http://s3.amazonaws.com/yzami/pkgs/src/riak-yokozuna-0.3.0-src.tar.gz tar zxvf riak-yokozuna-0.3.0-src.tar.gz cd riak-yokozuna-0.3.0-src make stage