April 11, 2013
On May 13-14, RICON East will take place in New York City – with tickets still available here. RICON is Basho’s series of distributed system conferences for developers. We first launched RICON last October at the sold out San Francisco show. This year, we have three conferences scheduled across the globe, with the first in New York.
RICON East will bring together developers, engineers, architects, and scientists to discuss Riak, as well as key emerging research areas and approaches to solving the challenges faced by the industry today.
Earlier this week, the confirmed speaker line-up was released and can be found here. Here’s a look at some of the speakers:
- Dr. Margo L. Seltzer, Professor at Harvard University
- Rich Hickey, Creator of Clojure, Datomic
- Camille Fournier, VP of Architecture at Rent the Runway
- Hilary Mason, Chief Scientist at bitly
- Theo Schlossnagle, Founder and CEO at OmniTI
- Shawn Gravelle, IT Architect at State Farm Insurance
- Ed Laczynski, VP of Cloud Strategy and Architecture at Datapipe
- Brian Akins, Chief Operations Engineer at Turner Broadcasting System
- Sathish Gaddipati, VP of Enterprise Data at The Weather Channel
- Michajlo Matijkiw, Senior Software Engineer at Comcast
Many Basho engineers will also be speaking throughout the conference, including: Andy Gross, Sean Cribbs, Matthew Von-Maszewski, Ryan Zezeski, and Chris Tilt.
If you still haven’t purchased your tickets, there are still some available here! Also check out some of last year’s amazing talks or reach out to Mark Phillips if you’re interested in group ticket discounts or sponsorships opportunities
See you in New York!