December 28, 2009
To date, there have been a number of screencasts and presentations done on Riak and Riak-related technologies. As a belated holiday gift (we were coding, not blogging), we thought it would be a valuable resource if we assembled all of them in an easy-to-peruse list here on the Basho Blog. If we missed any, please let us know in the comments.
Go forth and consume!
- Justin Sheehy’s Riak presentation at NoSQL East Link: https://nosqleast.com/2009/#speaker/sheehy
- Bryan Fink’s fantastic overview of Riak in October at SQLFreeNYC Link: http://www.vimeo.com/6973519
- Dave Smith’s introducion to Riak in an embedded node using Rebar, a packing and build tool for Erlang applications. Link: http://vimeo.com/8311407
- Dave Smith also gave a more general overview of Rebar Link: http://vimeo.com/8311407
- Martin Scholl’s…awesome presentation on Riak at NoSQL Berlin Link: http://vimeo.com/7318171
December 17, 2009
The team here at Basho has been working hard this past week to take Riak to the next level when it comes to usability in a production environment. The fruits of our labor are demonstrated here in this screencast as we proudly present Riak running in a fully self-contained embedded node environment.
What this means for our users is that it’s easier than ever to deploy and manage Riak servers — mainly no more dependencies on an external Erlang install. What’s more, running a Riak node is controlled by a single script that also provides runtime access to the Erlang console even if Riak is running in the background.
Enjoy, and stay tuned, as there are more of these to come!