August 8, 2013
RICON West, Basho’s distributed systems conference, will take place in San Francisco from October 29-30th. We’ve already started rolling out the speaker list, with 15 of the 23 speakers announced. Here are some of the highlights:
- Peter Bailis (UC Berkeley) – Bad As I Wanna Be: Coordination and Consistency in Distributed Databases
- Jeff Hodges (Twitter) – Practicalities of Productionizing Distributed Systems
- Ryland Degnan (Netflix) – Yuki: Functional Data Structures for Riak
- Lindsey Kuper (Indiana University) – LVars: Lattice-based Data Structures for Deterministic Parallelism
- Sam Elliott (Basho Technologies) – CRDTs: An Update (or maybe just a PUT)
- Miles O’Connell (StackMob) – More Than Just Data: Using Riak Core to Manage Distributed Services
- Michael Bernstein (Paperless Post) – Distributed Systems Archeology
- Charlie Voiselle and Justin Shoffstall (Basho Technologies) – The Seven-Layer Burrito; Troubleshooting a Distributed Database in Production
Be on the lookout next week when we announce the remaining speakers and the keynote. Until then, be sure and grab a ticket before they sell out – the early bird tickets are only available through August 29th – and make yourself known on the RICON West Lanyrd directory.
We look forward to seeing you in October.