July 18, 2013
If you’re interested in learning more about distributed systems, check out Think Distributed, a new podcast by Basho Software Engineer, Chris Meiklejohn. This podcast aims to deal with all aspects of distributed systems and will bring in panelists from many different areas.
The first episode is now available and discusses the problem of consensus in distributed computing – with a focus on the Raft algorithm developed by Diego Ongaro and John Ousterhout at Stanford University.
This episode’s panelists are:
- Chris Meiklejohn, Software Engineer at Basho Technologies
- Justin Sheehy, CTO at Basho Technologies
- Peter Bailis, Graduate Student at UC Berkeley
- Diego Ongaro, Graduate Student at Stanford University
- Andrew Stone, Software Engineer at Basho Technologies
If you’re interested in hearing more on consensus and the Raft algorithm, Diego Ongaro will also be speaking at RICON West, Basho’s distributed systems conference.
Check out the full episode and sign up on the site to be notified of new episodes.