CAMBRIDGE, MA – January 14, 2014 – Basho today announced the expansion of its product portfolio to meet the needs of the rapidly growing user communities surrounding both Riak, the industry leading distributed NoSQL database, and Riak CS, Basho’s fast growing cloud storage software. Since the launch of Riak 1.0 in 2011, Basho has grown to serve over one-third of the Fortune 50 and many of the world’s most popular brands.
Basho’s expanded Product Portfolio includes the following offerings:
- The introduction of Riak Starter and Riak Basic providing Basho engineering and customer support for users of its Apache 2-licensed open source product. Starting at $2,800 per node/year, Riak Starter provides a new, low-cost entry point for Riak users to gain access to Basho’s support engineers. At $4,400 per node/year, Riak Basic provides enterprise-class, 24×7 support to open source users not requiring the benefits provided by Riak Enterprise or Riak CS Enterprise, Basho’s commercial software.
- Riak Enterprise, Basho’s flagship distributed database software, will continue to offer additional enterprise-class features, such as multi-datacenter replication, combined with 24×7 support, and wrapped in Basho’s commercial license offering flexible permitted usage and ultra-high service levels. Our Riak Enterprise SLA for urgent tickets improves from 1-hour guarantee to 30 minutes in 2014. As a scale-out, multi-datacenter database, volume discounts are available.
- Riak CS Enterprise, Basho’s flagship distributed cloud storage software, will continue to offer additional enterprise-class features, such as multi-datacenter replication, combined with 24×7 support, and wrapped in Basho’s commercial license with flexible permitted usage and high service levels. Our Riak CS Enterprise SLA for urgent tickets improves from 1-hour guarantee to 30 minutes in 2014. As a scale-out, multi-datacenter database, volume discounts are available.
- The introduction of Riak Enterprise Plus and Riak CS Enterprise Plus integrates a baseline and annual system health check with a Riak Enterprise or Riak CS Enterprise license, providing an added assurance from Basho and ensuring long-term platform stability and performance.
- The introduction of Riak Test Drive and Riak CS Test Drive – pre-packaged solutions offering Basho Professional Services for initial design and, with a 6-month Riak developers-node option, to assist new users in pre-production phases with on-site and continuous support.
“Our portfolio expansion is a significant response to serve the diverse needs of a rapidly growing Riak user community,” commented Bobby Patrick, Executive Vice President and CMO at Basho. “We are excited to expand our ability to offer Basho’s world-class customer support to a new segment of Riak open source users. These new offerings allow Basho to allocate resources to serve a broader variety of customer support needs, while simultaneously enhancing our support capacity to ensure the highest levels of quality and responsiveness to our Riak Enterprise and Riak CS Enterprise customers, many of whom run revenue and service-critical platforms and applications in production today that depend on Riak.”
Additional Pricing Information
Basho’s expanded subscription pricing for Riak Starter, Riak Basic, Riak Enterprise, and Riak Enterprise Plus is available on the Basho site. In addition, Basho also offers perpetual licensing options and reduced prices for developer-only nodes. Basho Professional Services offers additional services, including developer and operations training, Riak health checks, and custom engagement services.
Update on Riak 2.0
Basho anticipates the general availability of Riak 2.0 within the next 75 days. All Basho customers will have immediate access to customer support and Riak 2.0 software code at that time, subject to the support terms of their product tier. For more information on Riak 2.0, visit our blog: basho.com/introducing-riak-2-0/.