January 22, 2014
Before heading over to 25 Lusk for the RICON West 2013 after party, Engine Yard sponsored the Lightning Talks at the end of Day One. Lightning Talks are 5-10 minute presentations by the attendees of RICON. Lightning Talks can cover a wide range of topics, including new projects being worked on, new services being built, or how a company is using Riak.
This past RICON West featured 11 speakers, including:
- Ines Sombra (EngineYard) discussing EngineYard’s Cloud and hosted Riak
- Armon Dadgar (HashiCorp) discussing Serf
- Michael Shavell (Symantec) discussing how the Norton Notification Service uses Riak
- Chris Meiklejohn (Basho) discussing Verified Vector Clocks
- Heinz Gies (Project FiFo) discussing Project FiFo
- Chris Doherty (Ooyala) discussing Communicating Effectively
- Jason Johnson (SoftLayer) discussing filesystems
- Kyle Kingsbury (Factual) discussing Skuld
- Nicolas Favre-Felix (Acunu) discussing CRDTs for real-time analytics
- Joe DeVivo (Basho) discussing Cuttlefish
- Christopher Merz (SolidFire) discussing Riak on SolidFire
You can watch all of the Lightning Talks below.
To watch all of the sessions from RICON West 2013, visit the Basho Technologies Youtube Channel.