February 14, 2011
Basho Senior Engineer Bryan Fink has been doing some exceptional work with MapReduce and Luwak, Riak’s large-object storage interface. Recently, he wrote up two extensive blog posts on the specifics of Luwak and the powerful tool it makes when combined with Riak’s MapReduce engine:
We’ve seen a huge amount of Luwak usage since its release and, since these blog posts, a large amount of interest in running MapReduce queries over data stored in Riak via Luwak. So, we thought what better way to spread the word than through a free Webinar?
This Thursday, February 17th at 2PM EST, Bryan will be leading the MapReducing Big Data With Luwak Webinar. The planned agenda is as follows:
- Overview of Riak MapReduce and its typical usage
- Gotchas and troubleshooting
- Usage Recommendations and Best Practices
- An Introduction to Luwak, Riak’s Large File Storage Interface
- Luwak MapReduce in Action
Registration is now closed.
Hope to see you there.